BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

2.16.2008

The walls....

I built a wall around myself
cuz like natasha bedingfield said...'I bruise easily'. I try my best to cover up everything....but no matter what happens everywhere it shows
my skin is like a map of how i feel...i'm trying my best to learn how to fall with no safety near
cuz u leave marks on me like a love heart carved on a tree
be gentle when handling me because u cant scratch the surface without moving me underneath...
I love this song....It's so much me its unbelievable!......


Ok as I was saying about the wall I built
It took a while but gradually and slowly every wall was brought down...leaving me vulnerable to the outside world. Now every little thing hurts....
Now i bruise easily!....I'm trying so hard to pull the walls back up
it's like everything refuses to be put back up
I need to protect myself from the hurt, the pain, everything......
I guess it's too late now.....
It's going to be a long time before the walls are ever put up again
Like that saying goes, "You only build wals around u to see who will care enough to pull them down".....Back then, U cared enough to try and I'm sure u still do in your own little way!


Well It's just something I was thinking about ...
Most of us build these walls
Sometimes i hope we can all be strong enough to hold them and not allow them to be pulled down...



Lots of love,
Mide Olabimtan

5 comments:

ozaveshe said...

have a feeling you were writing with someone specifically in mind. maybe some other time you'll let us in on that story.

walls have been popular all thru history. good thing though, is that they get pull down with much fanfare - berlin, jericho...

read one of your teenager things. i have a teenage poem on my blog/ wud like you to check it out. its titled diary of a 15yr old

rethots said...

...suspect you are much better without the walls.

TouchyMiMi said...

no problem ozaveshe!
some other time i will let u in on who it is....
hmmm rethots maybe just maybe i might be better without the walls

The poets voice ~~~ said...

i know how you feel girl...we all feel d same sumtym in life..its crazy but it happenz..u av got to tell me d details of how this wall came to be and who caused it? lol
but realli if we had walls around us all the tym, we wouldnt feel the sunshine or the cool breeze..think bout it. nuff luv. mwah!!

TouchyMiMi said...

i know i've thought about it....the walls should be left down!